Join now - be part of our community!

Why doesn't my vaio laptop allow me to watch videos online? This includes Youtube and BBC iplayer ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sofia121
Visitor

Why doesn't my vaio laptop allow me to watch videos online? This includes Youtube and BBC iplayer ?

I have a new vaio laptop, everything's been going great for a while now. I went on holiday came back and all of a sudden I can't watch any videos online. The video screen goes white or just doesn't show up? I have updated my laptop but still have this problem. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sofia121 and welcome.

This sounds like a Firewall problem.  What AV Software do you have installed?  Norton? McAfee?

Try disabling your AntiVirus and Firewall temporarily and see if this cures the problem.  If your AV/Firewall is the problem, come back here for suggestions for the longer term.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sofia121
Visitor

Hii, OMG! Thank you so much! Been waiting for a reply all day, I'll check the firewall now. Iv got Norton. Thank you so much!  

Message was edited by: Sofia121

Thanks again for the answer, I tried disabling my firewall but found it no help at all. When playing videos of any kind my laptop screen went white again and this time when I refreshed the paw a bunch of numbers and symbols came up. Any suggestions? Oh and I know it's not my Internet because I can clearly watch videos on my phone so it has to be my laptop.