Join now - be part of our community!

Which cable and where from?

profile.country.en_GB.title
GodsOrifice
Visitor

Which cable and where from?

Hi - I have a Sony Vaio PCG-3C2L which has been given to me, unfortunately the screen has feint lines across it and it flickers when moving the lid. My conclusion is that the lcd cable is dodgy, but i cant seem to find one can anybody hep with which one i need as there are some on ebay but none for the specific model im after, but i would imagine that a lot of the cables are the same so does anybody know which video cable i need as i would rather not have to take the laptop apart untill i need too. So would rather not have to dismantle just to find a part number if there even is one on the cable?

I need a PART NUMBER for the lcd cable and a location of where i can obtain said cable and an instructional video on how to dismantle the Vaio would be nice.

Please help if anybody knows and can help i would really appreciate it but i have only drawn a blank so far....

Many thanks, Matt

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Matt,

You will have a better chance of locating the correct video cable is you use the Vaio model number rather than the chassis reference. The PCG-3C2L is probably a VGN-CS series – have a look on the screen surround for the full product number and then try a Google.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat