Join now - be part of our community!

weird lines in windows 8 apps

profile.country.el_GR.title
akismei
Visitor

weird lines in windows 8 apps

yesterday i have bought a vaio svs1512 with i53210, intel hd4000/ g640m le 1gb, 4 gb ram and 500hd.today i noticed weird lines when moving my mouse over apps in windows 8.

i ihave made a video of how the lines look like. those lines appear not on all the apps but in some for example ebay app, engadget app, maps app. etc.

i went and test two other machines like mine in two different stores and they all have the same weird lines.

is this a graphic card problem or is it normal?

e.g. i dont experience any weird lines in other things but only on windows 8 apps.

i tried to run gpu test with either of the graphic cards but didnt notice any weird lines.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about the lines around the icons when using Metro? They appear to idicate what you are about to pick. I have tried on a HP laptop also and the outline also appears.

I did get it on all apps however some were more visible than other. Netflix and Skype had a strong outline and others were feint.

I would say its normal. Possibly more a feature in Windows geared up for touchschreen users.

akismei
Visitor

did you watch the video i uploaded?

akismei
Visitor

the lines i talk about appear only when i am running an app and not on the start screen of windows 8.