Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB1EOE fan noise

profile.country.en_GB.title
lwm597
Visitor

VPCEB1EOE fan noise

Hi,

I have had this VPCEB1EOE laptop for two years now and it has recently been making alot of noise even straight from startup. The laptop can get hot within half an hour to an hour. We did try to clean the fan and there was alot of dust which we cleared and it didn't seem to do anything. Would a new fan and heatsink possibly solve the problem.

Thanks

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lwm597 and welcome.

How did you try to clean the fan?  Did you take the Vaio apart to clean the vents and fan properly?  Even a small amount of dust remaining can cause this problem.  If you have taken it apart, then you may need to look at a repair.

Best to find out exactly what is overheating.  Try downloading a utility program that will measure the temperatures of your CPU, GPU and HDD - something like PC Wizard will do this: -

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Wizard-2012/3000-2094_4-10793737.html

Let us know the temperatures at idle and under load.

:thinking:

lwm597
Visitor

To clean the fan we used some compressed air. We took the whole Vaio apart and cleaned the fan and the air vents on the side and bottom so there was no dust. Might try to clean the fan again because it wasn't taken out of the laptop so not all the dust may have been cleared.

I have only been able to find one temperature for each thing. They are

CPU - 70c

GPU - I can't find any temperature for this

HDD - 38c

lwm597
Visitor

The fan is on all the time so is it really worth getting a new one

profile.country.da_DK.title
Lamukra
Visitor

If you had this laptop for two years and did not clean it from inside at all, then it is a first major cause on your laptop.

1. First of all disassemble your laptop (only if you know how) and get rid of all the dust around the fan.

2. Then apply new thermo compound on processor (buy it before of course) and gpu, clean radiator with clean spirit the assemble back.

This solve my problem with heat and fan speeds, even air during first months after cleaning was coming out cold, slightly warm. So before blaming soft for failing check your hardware cleanliness :

DO THESE STEPS ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW!!!