Join now - be part of our community!

VGNAR71M Volume control not showing, solutions

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
eru777
Visitor

VGNAR71M Volume control not showing, solutions

Hello. This is a rather weird problem. In the first two years or so of the laptop , no such problems were ocurring. However I'm using it for the third year now , and this happpens. When I turn on the laptop, all are well, except the part where the volume control used to be. Additionally, sometimes the battery icon seems completely empty even if it's full and it shows it's 100%, charging. Other times the network control shows that it's disconnected from the internet but the internet is fine.

Mostly though, the most annoying of the problems (and most recurring) is the disappearance of the volume control, that forces me to reboot the laptop in order for it to re-appear .

I know this sounds like a first world problem but I would appreciate if you guys/ girls had any input on how to fix it.

Regards, Eru .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi eru777,

I have not encountered the problem of disappearing icons from the system tray in Vista but as there are no replies to date then check out the following.

1 Right click the task bar and select Properties > on the Notifications Area tab make sure that all items are checked under ‘System icons’. Then in the same window click ‘Customise’ and if ‘Volume’ is listed make sure that it is set to ‘Show’.

2 Make sure that Vaio Control Center is installed and working – Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center. If installed correctly you should see the following window.

Vaio Control Center.JPG

Rich

EDIT: As a matter of interest do the shortcut keys (FN + F3/F4) work for adjusting volume, or if an extended keyboard the independent volume control keys above the numeric keypad.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi eru777,

I have not encountered the problem of disappearing icons from the system tray in Vista but as there are no replies to date then check out the following.

1 Right click the task bar and select Properties > on the Notifications Area tab make sure that all items are checked under ‘System icons’. Then in the same window click ‘Customise’ and if ‘Volume’ is listed make sure that it is set to ‘Show’.

2 Make sure that Vaio Control Center is installed and working – Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center. If installed correctly you should see the following window.

Vaio Control Center.JPG

Rich

EDIT: As a matter of interest do the shortcut keys (FN + F3/F4) work for adjusting volume, or if an extended keyboard the independent volume control keys above the numeric keypad.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.el_GR.title
eru777
Visitor

I have found a solution to the problem, it was easy, but it just didn't occur to me.

Just kill explorer.exe and restart it from task manager, or make a batch file that does that (there are instructions on how to do that in google)

When explorer is restarted everything should work fine.

I hope this helps people in the future.

(Sorry for bumping the old thread)