Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS315H Image Problem

Margarita
Visitor

VGN-FS315H Image Problem

hi, happy new year to all of you.
i bought a Sony Vaio VGN-FS315H a few days ago and i am trying to see some films, but the image is of a very bad quality. i know the problem is not of the video file because i have experimented it in two other computers. the image appears highly pixelated. i have installed the latest video codecs and still no progress.
i thought vaios were great sound and image tools, but this is making me think that's not really true. can you please help me and tell me if there's something i'm missing here?
thanks in advance for your help.

9 REPLIES 9
tdw197
Visitor

Try to install RealPlayer 10, i had the same problem, but it improved vastly when i installed the latest mpeg2 codecs (from nvidia) and used real player.
DVD, Xvid etc all look much better now

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I disabled the Video Mixing Renderer which was not supported by graphics card. The result was increased sharpness.

But I have an other graphic chip. So, try itself.

Just disable VMR in your DVD encoder settings and your favorite player.

Maybe that's your problem.

Margarita
Visitor

Try to install RealPlayer 10, i had the same problem, but it improved vastly when i installed the latest mpeg2 codecs (from nvidia) and used real player.
DVD, Xvid etc all look much better now

can you tell me exactly which codecs do you mean and where you got them? i'll download and try realplayer, but i don't think it's the player's fault.

I disabled the Video Mixing Renderer which was not supported by graphics card. The result was increased sharpness.

But I have an other graphic chip. So, try itself.

Just disable VMR in your DVD encoder settings and your favorite player.

Maybe that's your problem.

i'm using bsplayer in this vaio like i do in other computers and VMR is not the default rendering mode, so it was disabled the whole time, i guess.

i thought codecs should be my problem. i have installed ffdshow and XviD codecs. do i need anything else? i would like to try those nvidia codecs mentioned before, where can i get them?

thank you for your help, i'm new in this thing.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Do you have WinDVD which came with the VAIO installed?

Margarita
Visitor

yes, but my problem is not specifically with dvds, but with DivX and XviD.

Margarita
Visitor

i think my problem should be in the graphics card. can anyone tell me where can i get the drivers for the nvidia geforce go 6400 card?

thickloaf
Visitor

hi!

click thi slink to download vlc media player for windows.
http://www.download.com/3001-2194-10410655.html
at the top of the page it say thank you for downloading and directly underneath it says vlc media player. click the vlc mediaplayer to download. i use it a lot and have so far had no probs. hope this helps

thickloaf.

thickloaf
Visitor

if the link fails then go to www.cnet.com and search for vlc.

2/3's of the way down the page you will see a link for vlc media player for windows, click that link and follow instruction.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The Geforce Go drivers have not been updated for ages, if there's no new one on VAIO-Link then you can try the Omega Drivers but Sony don't support them