Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPC-J23S1E AIO Problems-lots

profile.country.en_GB.title
lajones68
Explorer

VAIO VPC-J23S1E AIO Problems-lots

I purchasted the machine less than 6 months ago, and in that time and in that I have restored the machine twice .

1. after a while it started to run like a slug swimming up hill in syrup

.IE9 started to take an inaudinate amount of time to load pages then eventually became unuseable.

Outlook was slow in loading previoue email data. after loading all my other Applications - no more than I had running on an Win 7 Ultimate machine without any problems.

Back to factory state After rebuild, system ok for a while untill I gave in to VaioCare insistance to load an update and registered.

Left VCare to do its thing, some 2 hour later I tried to run Win  update compatabilty Ulitlity - UuforWinUpg.exe

would not run, popup said VCare was 'updating' Task Manager showed no such process running.

on system restart popup said a vbscript could not befound and...\ViaoCare\SelSelfpatch.vbs could not be found. An increasing number of Applications would not run. I uninstalled VCare.

Back to factory state. After rebuild once again. Having learnt my lession from previou rebuilds I only loaded MSoffice Enterprise. once again VCare insisted I install updates and as expected it successfuly failed the update once again,again VCare lost some of its vb scrips, and as before  Application, wont run. After a while with VCare getting in the way of just about everything , I noted that Outlook was in trouble loading mail with even 'loading' being displayed. Again IE 9 was not too happy - again.

now a USB port is being selective in recognise a USB  external disk, if removed and reinserted its recognised the device. (intend to deleat drivers from all USB hubs to force a driver reload to see if that clears USB problem - lets face it I have nothing to lose if it screws up. VCare is doing that for me by it self, and I can do a rebuild in my sleep .

Now after power up the system it takes minutes yes minutes to get to 'starting Windows' looks like were heading rapidly down hill for its 3rd Factory rebuild :angry: :angry: :angry:

If the machine suddenly fell out of the window would it still be covered by Warrenty:smileymischief:

Any help or advice would be greatfully received.

Not a happy bunny:smileyangry:

0 REPLIES 0