Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pocket Freezing ?

mollsa
Visitor

Vaio Pocket Freezing ?

Hi All,

Am new to the boards but have been reading for a while.

I have a problem regarding the photo viewer. On 3 occasions I have transferred photos from my sony dig camera and when I come to view them I have a problem.

If I start on picture 1 and click 'next' its fine, but if I click 'previous' (i.e. checking the last transferred file in the series) then it freezes totally. You can't navigate and when you switch off it shows the shutdown screen but will stay on that for hours.

The only way to fix this was to remove the battery pack. Luckily it rebooted fine and all my cd's and pics were on it.

Not sure if this is a bug or a faulty unit ????

p.s. Reference the file tagging of the photo folders, strangely some folders have accepted names i.e "lisa" or "party" but other's just dont show up at all when renamed ? So the functionalilty is clearly there to have proper named folders.

6 REPLIES 6
Psaila
Visitor

I had the same problem of the unit frezzing ,But As I turned the unit off It never stoped closeing Down .

I As You , Had to remove the battary unit and refit .(very easy I must add ) And then all was ok , To have to set the time and date again was no big deal , and I was relived to find all my files and folders safe and sound .

I think my problem was due the a build up of static , And its affect on the Unit .

Not A Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

my brother's did that earlier on, but there's a reset hole on the bottom, near the dock connector, so you don't have to dismantle the unit. it's good to know the battery's easy to remove though

Taffersim
Visitor

p.s. Reference the file tagging of the photo folders, strangely some folders have accepted names i.e "lisa" or "party" but other's just dont show up at all when renamed ? So the functionalilty is clearly there to have proper named folders.

Hi mollsa and greetings, nice observation about the folder names, I will have a go setting up some more folders with shorter names maybe that will do it for me.

mollsa
Visitor

my brother's did that earlier on, but there's a reset hole on the bottom, near the dock connector, so you don't have to dismantle the unit. it's good to know the battery's easy to remove though

Can I still press the reset and keep all my files ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

yeah, the reset button does nothing to the hard drive, it resets the clock and g sense settings, and i can't remember if it re-initializes the music info, but the tracks are definitely kept

Psaila
Visitor

Can I still press the reset and keep all my files ?

Yes , Your files will be there , but you will need the reset , The time a date . All other info was and Is Safe .

My Unit has been reset more times than I care to say .

I have called the Sony Team and I await their call Back .

Please Note Readers ..... "The VAIO POCKET IS STUNNING "

But The VAIO Pocket has no Anti - shock, so I feel it is reading that the Hard Disk may be at risk and then shuts the unit down in it's own way ( Freezing) .Other wise I cant understand why a Unit of this price would do such a thing . and at what point you would feel its a major problem ?

I'm not a member of Sony Staff Or conected with Somy other than Buying the Product's I use At Full Price ( £349.99 UK Pounds in this case )For My VAIO Pocket And From A Sony Center In Trafford , Manchester . And Also My PC, 11 months Ago .