Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio nightmares - please help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
veryunhappy
Visitor

Vaio nightmares - please help!

I've had the most shocking experience since spending over £1,000 on a Sony Vaio just before Christmas and was wondering if the appalling level of service I’ve received since is standard?

I own my own business and so having my computer in working order is imperative to be able to run it smoothly and successfully. With that in mind I spent what I consider a lot of money with a brand I thought trustworthy – Sony – and I didn't expect to have any immediate problems or then ongoing problems..... but how unbelievably wrong I was!

At the beginning of February - within 2 months of receiving the computer the screen started to flicker repeatedly with more and more lines appearing until it was completely unreadable. I called support and explained to them it was a work computer and they assured me it would be returned in 3 to 5 working days from collection. 6 working days later I tried to call the automated system using the case number that had been emailed to me but reportedly the case number exist. After trying it several times I had to go right round the houses to eventually speak to someone. They apologised and then said they’d look into it for me…...many calls later to them (parts needed to be ordered blah blah blah) I got told that the computer had been repaired but lost in their system and they admitted it would never have been returned if I hadn’t chased it. 10 days after the computer was collected and hours of my time chasing it, it was returned with a complementary screen wipe as an apology – what an insult.

Then if that experience wasn’t bad enough within 10 days of the computer being repaired it just completely stopped turning on. Again collected with the assurance that it would be returned to me within 3 – 5 working days… no news after 5 days…..same old case number problems….. same old apologies….. this time with repeated assurances over 3 days by the repair centre that someone from Sony would call me which they still haven’t….. I’m now 8 days in and have just been told that as they’ve got to order a part my computer won’t be with me for another 10 days!

Funnily enough all I want now is my money back.

Please can you all tell me if other people have had these problems and also which other websites I can warn people about this on – I want to advise as many people as I can as strongly as I possibly can not to end up in the same situation I’ve found myself in through no fault of my own!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
tidaltides
Visitor

I haven't read any problem like this before with Sony. I got mine well fixed and haven't encountered any problem ever since. This might be a rare case that every sony user should be aware of.