Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care problem

profile.country.en_IE.title
CycleRepublic
Visitor

Vaio Care problem

While working on my Vaio laptoip, every once in a while, Vaio Care pops up saying that there's an important message in the Message Center. When I go there, all I see is spam from WildTangent.

The message reads:

Important Information

8/9/2012 Get WildTangent Games App +20 WildCoins

and it appears in 'Message Center' in VAIOCare.

If I click on it I'm brought to an external website selling online games.

This is quite obviously not an 'Important Message' and should not be displayed in VAIOCare.

Is there a way of blocking these messages or has Vaio Care been hacked to show these inappropriate messages?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi CycleRepublic,

Can you please let us have your product model reference as requested earlier in this thread? These will be passed on to Support so that they can hopefully stop these unwanted messages.

Thanks,
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_IE.title
CycleRepublic
Visitor

I already supplied this information on August 29, in response to an e-mail from your colleague

Hytham Ellithey, SONY VAIO Support.

Today, I got this message from Customer Support:

The case was esclated (sic),and the update we have is that the massages (sic) should stop.

Regards,

Asem Ashraf

On August 31, you said:

We have been informed that the message about WildTangent will disappear from VAIO Care message centre by tomorrow.

Rich

Why is my serial number needed to stop these advertising messages coming from your server?

Message was edited by: CycleRepublic

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Can I clarify that I don't work for Sony. Like you I am just a Vaio user and as such Hytham Ellithey is not my colleague.

I am just trying to assist in getting this problem resolved by escalation beyond the normal Support facility.

If you choose to pursue your own course then so be it - good luck.

Rich

BTW I didn't ask for your serial number.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

OK, the latest information and hopefully the last post in this thread.

Due to a server processing error, the WilTangent message was still linked to some product codes and therefore this message was still showing up at customer’s end.
The web team has cleared the issue today the server side and this will solve the issue is completely resolved. 

If any of you have further issues with this then please let me have your serial number by PM – please don’t post this information on the open forum.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Hotlips922
Visitor

Just to let you know I've finally had the Vaio Care update 8.1.0.10120 and the annoying message has gone away

: