Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care problem

profile.country.en_IE.title
CycleRepublic
Visitor

Vaio Care problem

While working on my Vaio laptoip, every once in a while, Vaio Care pops up saying that there's an important message in the Message Center. When I go there, all I see is spam from WildTangent.

The message reads:

Important Information

8/9/2012 Get WildTangent Games App +20 WildCoins

and it appears in 'Message Center' in VAIOCare.

If I click on it I'm brought to an external website selling online games.

This is quite obviously not an 'Important Message' and should not be displayed in VAIOCare.

Is there a way of blocking these messages or has Vaio Care been hacked to show these inappropriate messages?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.nl_NL.title
don_her
New

It's the 5th of september now. Still have this message in VaioCare. In my opinion, the VaioCare program has not been developed well/far enough. Even after creating backups through windows, norton and the vaiocare program, after maken a recovery system both on bluray's and on USB sticks, still the warnings stay... :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
biddleje
Visitor

Its now the 13th September and, despite a load of software updates over the last few days, the WildTangent spam email still pops up as an "Urgent Vaio Care Message"

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thank you for that information biddleje.

This is extremely embarrassing as assurances were given that this would be actioned some two weeks ago. I have passed this on and will post again when a response is received.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Can those still receiving these unwanted messages via Vaio Care please let us have your model number and product code?

This on more recent models will be the two model numbers on the underside of the notebook – one embossed and one on a sticker. Some notebooks have a chassis model reference on the underside and a product model reference on the screen surround.

Thanks,
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Hotlips922
Visitor

My Vaio software is up to date and the message is still there, my model number is VPCF23N1E.

What do you mean by product code though? I have an S/N number * 27548419 500**** * and Service Tag C609****.

Message was edited by: rich912

Edited to obscure serial number and Service Tag.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thank you Hotlips922 and don_her.

This information has been passed on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.nl_NL.title
don_her
New

I have the VPCF23Z1E with service tag C609****. Is this what you meant? Also it says Model PCG-81313M.

Message was edited by: rich912

To obscure service tag

MissDisgruntled
Visitor

I also have this unwanted advert. My Product is VPCSB3T9E, model no: PCG-4121FM

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thank you MissDisgruntled.
This information has been passed on.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_IE.title
CycleRepublic
Visitor

It's now September 17 and guess what?

I've got an 'important' message as follows:

Message Center

Important Information

9/17/2012 Get WildTangent Games App + 20 WildCoins.