Join now - be part of our community!

TP3 not downloading Windows media centre EPG?

profile.country.en_GB.title
realstokebloke
Explorer

TP3 not downloading Windows media centre EPG?

Hi - have a (so far) trouble-free TP3 (cake tin) running windows media centre that 'runs' our TV recording. All good, until new year (Jan 01) when the EPG Electronic Programme Guide has stopped getting the programme information.

It says it has downloadd successfully but the programme information is actually empty ("information not available" in each programme).

It runs on Vista Home Premium - now i note that MS have stopped supporting this as of 2013, so is that the problem (& will i need to update the Operating system to Windows 7 or - will it run - 8?).

Any ideas folks? Many thanks in advance?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi iandavie7,

This problem is not limited to Vista Home Premium indeed it seems to relate to all versions of Windows.

Microsoft have yet to provide a full response but have acknowledged that there is a problem. This thread from The Green Button Media Center Community is worth a read - it is quite long but the last few pages do offer some interim solutions until Microsoft either come clean on the reasons or fix the issue.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1659&start=520

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
realstokebloke
Explorer

Thanks rich912, I'll have a look.

No consolation to everyone affected but at least it's not just me / my TP.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi iandavie7,

The problem seems to have been fixed. I have just manually downloaded the guide and all is now OK :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat