Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN-AR71M windows 8 drivers

profile.country.en_GB.title
moorlandmagic
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN-AR71M windows 8 drivers

I recently upgraded my Sony VAIO VGB-AR71M from windows vista to windows 8. All appears to be OK except that the camera no longer works and HDMI is no longer recognised. Not too worried about the camera, but would be gratefuk if someone could point me to an updated graphics driver - I cannot seem to find one anywhere !!!!

TIA

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dave and welcome.

I don't think Sony will ever release a Windows 8 graphics driver for your NVIDIA  GeForce 8400M GT GPU.  You will need to go to a third party website like this one: -

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

nVidia uses a unified driver - one driver fits all GPUs - and only the installer information file lists which GPUs a driver is allowed to install for.  To install an up to date driver, you will have to use a modified .INF file.

Read the Quickstart Guide to see what has to be done: -

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/9243-forceware-updaters-quickstart-guide/

I presume you have tried reinstalling the original Ricoh Camera Driver?  If this will not install, you will have to try Google.

:thinking:

moorlandmagic
Visitor

Hi

Many thanks for quick response checked out what you suggested and it's all too confusing for me !!!!

Haven't tried the original Ricoh driver ... where can I get that from ?

Thanks again

Dave

moorlandmagic
Visitor

Guess that no-one has any other advice on this ????

Cheers

Dave :smileysad::smileysad:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
cripopa75
Visitor

Hello Dave,

I also installed Windows 8 and had the same problem with the camera. I installed this driver and workd like a charm.

Hope this also applies to you (in case you didn't find any other solution until now)

Good luck!

P.S. I noticed that most drivers designed for Windows 7 also work fine on Windows 8.

Message was edited by: cripopa75

moorlandmagic
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for this .. unfortunately it didn't work - now works as a 'still' camera but not as video

:slight_frown: