Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio vgc-v2m video card driver windows vister 32bit PLEASE HELP!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
needinghelp
Visitor

sony vaio vgc-v2m video card driver windows vister 32bit PLEASE HELP!!

HELLO my name is Jack i am havving problems with my sony vaio VGC-V2M I HAVE UPGRADED to windos vister home prem 32bit and i cant find a video driver for my nvida grorce FX go5700 any where on the internet i have tryed the nvida website any my video card can not be found any where where i look and if i doo fien on it says your driver is not compattable with this update. and i cant recover my harddrive to xp because it is not there but the files are still in the hard drive all working but i cant open any in windows : ( so is any one can help i amso sont have any sony programs on my

system and i dotn know how to get them back again please help

me that would be really goood of you, many thanks jack

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed email address as personal details are not allowed to be shared on the forums

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jack,

The drivers provided by Nvidia will not install on a Vaio without a modified INF file.

Have a look at the following link and read the Quick Start Guide - towards the bottom of the page on the right.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
needinghelp
Visitor

Thanks Rich but i am still getting an error when i download the friver and inf file :

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jack,

What is the error message you are receiving and which driver have you downloaded?

Have you followed the instructions to the letter especially replacing the existing INF with the modified version?

If you have not already done so make sure you have the correct INF Enhancer - follow this link.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

If you are still having problems then let us know the hardware id of the Nvidia adaptor. This can be found by opening Device Manager, expanding Display Adaptors, right clicking the Nvidia FX go5700, selecting Properties and on the Details tab, under Device description, select Hardware Ids.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat