Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio battery life

profile.country.en_GB.title
Hellobrian
Visitor

Sony Vaio battery life

After only 18 months my Vaio battery has packed in.  It charges OK and I can run laptop off the mains, but take it away from the charge and you've got 10 mins max before battery is exhausted.  This makes it housebound which rather defeats the object of a portable computer and the whole purpose of me buying it.  Sony want me to stump up £207 for another, which is outrageous.  They're essentially holding me to ransom - way to develop customer loyalty Sony.  Will I be buying Sony again?  Let me think.... !  Has anyone else had this problem?  Sony customer services told me loads have!  Have you got any advice how to improve things?  I've bought a compatible battery for a fraction of the cost but the bloody computer won't let me load the patch they gave me to install it.  Anyone got an idea how to solve that little problem?  If not, I'll have to return it.  Anyone from Sony give a monkey's about my miserable customer experience?

4 REPLIES 4
Hellobrian
Visitor

Clearly not!  Thanks Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is a user forum for Vaio Users and Sony do not monitor posts here.

You will need to use an official Vaio Support channel if you want a response from Sony.

:neutral:

Hellobrian
Visitor

Thanks!

bjpce.co.uk
Visitor

Exact same problem (but in 13 months not 18). New battery £93 from Sony. Told it would have 3 year warranty.

Now 15 months later and same problem. Sony say warranty only 12 months so to buy another new one for £90.

I estimate my "new" battery was only used away from the mains on less than 10 occasions and the battery life went from ~2 hours when "new" to 40 minutes now. For the last 6 months I used it about twice.

Conclusion: Sony batteries and/or the way a vaio uses them is "not fit for purpose".

Do not EVER buy a vaio unless it will sit plugged in at the office all day.

Have no idea what "compatibles" will be like.

Customer service is appalling too............but then "you've got a problem = spend more money" is the lowest form of response.