Join now - be part of our community!

Sony LCD Needs Repair

smsmasters
Visitor

Sony LCD Needs Repair

I am in the UK and my 3 year old sony lcd monitor has developed a fault. It refuses to stay on and the screen has a "pinkish" tint when it is on for a few seconds. I assume it is a problem with the inverter which drives the backlight.

I have tried it with 2 laptops via vga output and the monitor still has the same problem.

Where can I get it repaired, it is already out of warranty period?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
William
Visitor

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I am sure Sony will repair it for you but, and I am willing to be proved wrong, but you will probably find it cheaper to buy a new one.

Times have changed prices have dropped.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would consider getting a new inverter and fitting it yourself if you feel confident enough, otherwise if it's out of warranty I wouldn't bother getting it repaired as you can get pretty cheap LCDs nowadays with good output

smsmasters
Visitor

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I am sure Sony will repair it for you but, and I am willing to be proved wrong, but you will probably find it cheaper to buy a new one.

Times have changed prices have dropped.

I agree, that's why I've bought a nice 20 inch widescreen lcd :). I just wondered if it could be repaired since it's such a waste of screen.