Join now - be part of our community!

SONY E-SUPPORT

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chcarden
Visitor

SONY E-SUPPORT

I have a VGN-NW350F, which is less than 2 years old. to explain the purpose of this post, today I had a call with SONY E-SUPPORT/OMNITECH and let them take control of my computer, expecting a quick resolution of the problem. It turned into an exercise in frustration because the support person kept me online for 1 hour demonstrating his diagnostic skills and running tests, trying to sell an annual contract, which I declined. Finally after 3 price reductions the cost to do the repair was reduced to $50... when after keeping me online for over an hour the call was handed off to "another level" technician who simply deleted one driver and loaded a new one. I was absolutely appalled at this. This could have been done 2 hours earlier. What a waste of my time. And the problem isn't even fixed!

What I want to know is, how can I make it known that the SONY user community don't like to be abused? This scam is just not good business and doesn't come from good intention to support the community of users. The purpose was to sell an annual contract, not to fix my problem. It's time for a new direction in customer support. Anyone have suggestions to help change this poor business model? Where can I go to share this story and build support for a change for the better?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chcarden and welcome to Sony Europe Forums.

Although your details say that you are in the UK, your Vaio is a Sony USA model so I expect you are resident in the USA.  I doubt that US E-Support would call you in Europe.

Sony Europe do not use the same E-Support or support agents as the USA so your comments are of little relevence here.  You would be better seved posting your comments on the Sony USA community website.

Go to the Support Webpages for your model and click on 'Community' in the 'Need Help' box on the right to access the US Forums: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNNW350F&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=howto#/howto...

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chcarden and welcome to Sony Europe Forums.

Although your details say that you are in the UK, your Vaio is a Sony USA model so I expect you are resident in the USA.  I doubt that US E-Support would call you in Europe.

Sony Europe do not use the same E-Support or support agents as the USA so your comments are of little relevence here.  You would be better seved posting your comments on the Sony USA community website.

Go to the Support Webpages for your model and click on 'Community' in the 'Need Help' box on the right to access the US Forums: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNNW350F&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=howto#/howto...

:thinking: