Join now - be part of our community!

Sony customer support & request for refund

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
schranzx
Visitor

Sony customer support & request for refund

Hi,I bought a sony vaio e series laptop last September,around the start of November i started getting a BSOD upon start up everytime.I first emailed sony support to see what I could do to fix the issue,I got a response in a timely fashion with things to do "power cycle" "bios reset" and "factory reset" which i did them all and still the problem persisted.

So i got in touch with customer support through phone,I requested a refund but I was out of the 30 day return policy,so the customer rep sent a request to managment for a refund,the reply was to make an attempt to get it fixed and if the problem still existed I would get a replacement or a refund,after sending the laptop to get fixed and receiving it back the problem was still there,so I got in touch again and told them the problem was still there and I would like a refund,the rep who was dealing with my case said he would speak to management again about the computer and he would get back to me,after not getting a call back I rang again,I asked to speak to the rep again and he was not available,I explained my case to the rep I was on the phone to and they said the other rep was dealing with the case so they would get them to call me back.Still no call back.

This has been going on for the last 2 weeks and when I do get through to the rep in charge of my case it's always "I am meeting with the manager today" or "the manager is not here at the moment"

I rang today and requested to speak to the manager and I was told he was not in,I was also told it would take a further 2 days to get an answer.

After being promised a replacement or a refund and requesting a refund,you would think sony would hold up to their promise.

I feel let down and feel like I am being completely dicked around.Has anyone else had any of these problems with customer service??If so how did things work out in the end?

I am at my witts end as I need the refund to purchase a reliable laptop for work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  schranzx,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Hopefully someone from Sony should be in contact with you soon..

If you do not hear anything by the middle of next week please let us know.?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  schranzx,

Hopefully someone from Sony should be in contact with you soon..

If you do not hear anything by the middle of next week please let us know.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Peter452
Visitor

I had a similar problem with a VA10 purchase in November 2012 ,with the software not working and the DVD drive not working ,I requested return and refund ,it was collected 31/12/2012 and promised refund in 5 working days ,I rang Sony and E mailed them ,they answer on the Phone but do not answer many E mails, today 18/1/2013 ,they confirmed they had refunded my money on 9/1/2013 but had not told me and I could not trace it with my credit card company.

I have lost faith with Sony who I have had quality dealings in the past but this one on a £1000 computer was very poor

Keep trying but suggest you forget there management ,as they dont want to talk with customers ,ask Customer Services to follow it up while you stay on the phone

Keep trying !!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Peter452 wrote:

I rang Sony and E mailed them ,they answer on the Phone but do not answer many E mails, today 18/1/2013 ,they confirmed they had refunded my money on 9/1/2013 but had not told me and I could not trace it with my credit card company.

Hi Peter452,

Have you been able to locate the refund that Sony stated they had paid to your credit card.?

If not let us know & we'll see if we can get someone from Sony to look into this for you..