Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

nayyer
Visitor

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

The laptop just keeps randonly shutting down. I haad winxp pro so I tried putting everything back as original but during the sony viao restore setup the laptop just randomly shuts down. So I tried installing windows server 2003 and it did exactly the same thing when there were 3 mins left for the installation to finish. does anyone know why? I cant seem to figure out the problem.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hard to say.

1234567ty
Visitor

I have blown as much dust out as i can, and it has seemed to work, i'll tell you if this machine goes off again. Kee-Lo, i cannot change my email address, it says that i have given the worng password when i havent. I have tried to email the forum Admins. but they have never replied, what do i do now?

kee-lo_

Give them a call in the morning.
As it's getting cooler now, hppefully you'll get to do your tasks before it shuts down.

Not very good for the machine all this dust.
What shocks me is this is happening to > 5 people - there should be something done about it.

I have a computer hoover, not very powerful but gets dust out.

1234567ty
Visitor

Kee-Lo, i meant the CLUB VAIO administrators, if they have a tel no then please could you give it to me, it would come in very handy!

kee-lo_

It's no use, it's VAIO Link who arrange all VAIO repairs, I do not have anyone's phone # in Club VAIO.

Calling VAIO Link is the best thing at the moment.

1234567ty
Visitor

Merci, Case (Hopefully) Closed for me but not nescesarily for nayyer. Nayyer, good luck mate!!!

kee-lo_

Good luck to everyone with this case.
Hope the right verdict comes through.

nayyer
Visitor

I was restoring sony viao originial setup and the hard drive was totally formatted. therefore this is definitely not a virus problem. The laptop however does get really hot from the bottom which is why i think it shuts down during an operating setup. How can I clean the dust out of my laptop and prevent it from getting so hot. Do I need to contact sony cos I think it is still under warranty.

kee-lo_

If it's under warranty contact VAIO Link and arrange a pickup.
Otherwise use a small hoover.

nayyer
Visitor

I phoned up sony.. He said to take my battery out and leave the laptop on running from the socket and if the laptop still shuts down then go to vaio-link.com and arrange a pickup. The laptop ran fine for about 1 hour then it shuts down again when i tried to install windows xp. :cry: . Fortunately laptop is still under warranty so I'm gonna send it back.