Join now - be part of our community!

Quick web Access

profile.country.en_GB.title
AnmolWaris
Visitor

Quick web Access

hi guys and gals!

i have got a sony vaio SVE15117FNW.It has got a web button on the top right.But when i press it(when the computer is completely shutted down),it boots up the windows first and then simply opens my default browser(google chrome).I have tried restting default values in the BIOS menu,but all in vain.Please help how can i get it working.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi AnmolWaris,

welcome to Sony User Community..:smileyhappy:

Your WEB btton is working as it should - see the following excerpt from your Vaio manual -

Launching the Web Browser (WEB Button)

By pressing the WEB button, you can launch the default web browser.
Even when your VAIO computer is off, pressing the WEB button starts Windows, and launches the web browser.

AnmolWaris
Visitor

Hi Thalamus.Thanks for the answer.

But Do you really think that this is how it is supposed to work?I had seen videos on youtube about quick web access and those show that pressing the WEB button opens a linux sort of operating system and the web browser appears without the booting of windows.Here is the link for that video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqmKhA9s48

Waiting for ur reply:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

it would seem that judging by the user manual that the Web button is meant to do exactly as your are describing..

On previous models pressing the WEB button used to launch a quick access Splashtop browser but it would seem that Sony may have stopped this now..

To be 100% sure you could check with Sony support..

Did you buy your vaio in the UK because I can only find reference to SVE15117FNW on the Sony India sites..:smileyconfused:

AnmolWaris
Visitor

thanks thalamus.i will check it out on sony support.

P.S.-I got it from India.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, would you kindly update this thread once you've spoken to support please..