Join now - be part of our community!

problems with PCG-GRT785B

superted
Visitor

problems with PCG-GRT785B

Hey guys, was hoping u could help me with a few problems:

1) When i type in Word, something's definitely wrong, i.e. instead of u,i,o,p, i get 4,5,6,* etc. Also when i watch a movie with media player, it displays upside down???

2) I've only had my laptop for about 9 months but it's already getting slower and slower, and it crashes more often, ive tried doing the disk clean up.

Dunno if i should make use of my warranty before it runs out, do sony do general maintenance checks, kinda like servicing a car??

Also this might sound like a girly question but what's the best method to clean the keyboard and the screen to get rid of those greasy stains?

Cheers, any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

1) When i type in Word, something's definitely wrong, i.e. instead of u,i,o,p, i get 4,5,6,* etc. Also when i watch a movie with media player, it displays upside down???

Turn off number lock which is next to print screen.

2) I've only had my laptop for about 9 months but it's already getting slower and slower, and it crashes more often, ive tried doing the disk clean up.

Defragmenting the hard disk helps > Accessories > System > Disk Defragmentator.

Dunno if i should make use of my warranty before it runs out, do sony do general maintenance checks, kinda like servicing a car??

With guys like us you don't need to :slight_smile: :wink: