Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with DVD Medias - PCG-GRT916Z (Recorder DVD RW DW-U54A)

netand
Visitor

Problems with DVD Medias - PCG-GRT916Z (Recorder DVD RW DW-U54A)

Hello,

my notebook not allows to burn on DVD+R Media. I bought 3 different types of DVD+r media. Before it works perfect, but I have no idea why it still not works. I`ve made no changing of any setting of the notebook.
Have anybody an idea to help me? Is there an upgrade of the recorder available?

Many thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
opie
Visitor

I do have the same problem with my PCG-GRT815M./DW-U50A.
Reading DVD's perfect. Burning and/or erasing no result.
I hope somebody can help us

tirreg
Visitor

Have you read the device specs?
Have you run the sony updates?

netand
Visitor

I Found no special update or new firmware for my recorder.

Device specs? What do you mean with this? My recorder is able to burn both formats +/- of course.

opie
Visitor

Hallo Terrig,
I checked everething. For software updates I cannot have contact with Sony. I got the reply "modelnummer not kwow"
I have a PCG-GRT815M and I did register too.
If I try to erase my RW DVD with the Sony program drag and drop I became the error code 01.11.143.
Reading and playing of this DVD is going well.
So I do not no whats wrong with the player DW-U50A :cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're best calling VAIO-Link to get registered, it's never worked.

voly
Visitor

Hi guys, my 1st time at these forums and the search function suxx btw. Anyway netand, i have the same notebook as you and i can record to any DVD-r media i put in, i mostly do back ups for friends and has never failed me once, i also copy at 8x.

netand
Visitor

Hi guys, my 1st time at these forums and the search function suxx btw. Anyway netand, i have the same notebook as you and i can record to any DVD-r media i put in, i mostly do back ups for friends and has never failed me once, i also copy at 8x.

Hi Voly,

thank you for your repply, but I have problems or better it does not work to burn any DVD +/- (I tested 5x different types). You could be glad that it works.

I got the information that Sony will bring a firmware update for those recorders. The problem with the new medias is known by Sony.