This message is show when I try to use them:

"The ATRAC HDD cannot be used with this
version of VAIO music transfer"

Versions
Firmware: 3.0.0C171F
Vaio music transfer is: 1.2.00
OpenMG Secure Module: 4.0.05.10290
SonicStage is: 2.3.00.11020

There are other procedures that I need to do?

Someone can help me?

Please!! Help me!!!

Cesar

8 REPLIES 8
nealod
Visitor

hi i had this problem. the vaio was their in my computer as a removable hdd but would not work in sonic stage , contacted sony but were of no help at all had not got a clue. the only thing i could do was to reinstall windows now my player works fine....

cesar.ag
Visitor

Thanks for the reply!

I thought so! I have fear that the problem would continue after reinstall the windows since it is always hard work.

But, if there is no other way I will do it!

Do you know why this problem happens?

Are there someone else with the same problem?

blinko
Visitor

the same problem as you cesar ......vaio is dead after the 3.0 upgrade..now i listen the music inside but is out in charge and discharge mp3.............arghhhhhhhhhhhhsony....................................3.0:smileycry:

BinaryFart
Visitor

Guys I had this exact problem as well, and just like you I asked Sony support for assistance, but they were totally useless.

I did manage to fix it however!

As it turns out the error message is totally erroneous - the fault has nothing to do with the player not being recognised.

Unless the VAIO is authorised with the online store (which you can only do if you're in the U.S.), you have to initialize the Pocket on the computer you'll be using to do the transfer. This kinda sux because it means that unless you're able to use the online store you can only use one computer to transfer tracks to the VAIO.

Unfortunately the initialisation process will delete the existing contents of the VAIO (I don't know whether this will erase pics and skins, but it definetly deletes any music currently onthe player). Once this has been done, SonicStage will recognise the player.

If you're in the United States, you can simply authorize your player with the connect online store and it will work on any PC with Sonic Stage on it.

For the rest of the world:

To perform the intialization:

1. Connect the player to the computer as normal.
2. Load SonicStage
3. From the Menu sellect "Controls" -> "Device/Media" -> "Initialize..."

It'll give you a couple of warnings before performing the initialzation.

If anyone is able to suggest how to use the player with several different PCs I'd be much apreciative!

Hope this helps and good luck!!! Let me know how this goes for you!

A-Bomb
Visitor

Hi, i have the same problem with sonic stage displaying "device not recognised". But in sonic stage when i go to Controls>device/media the 'initialise' button is grey and it wont let me click it. So initialisation isnt an option for me. Any other help people can give?
thanks

BinaryFart
Visitor

Do you have the VAIO pocket player on and connected before you attempt the initialization?

cesar.ag
Visitor

Hi, i have the same problem with sonic stage displaying "device not recognised". But in sonic stage when i go to Controls>device/media the 'initialise' button is grey and it wont let me click it. So initialisation isnt an option for me. Any other help people can give?
thanks

I Had the same problem. Restart the computer will work.

Thanks BinaryFart!!!
You saved me.

blinko
Visitor

ii risolve this ,in upgraded the vaio music transfer(the program )sonic stage (in my case)don't exist...happy christmas at all!!:smileygrin: