Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with internet sites

Livsey
Visitor

Problem with internet sites

Please can some one help me before I throw this thing through the window.

I have the Lap top which is on the home page (PCG-8Q7M) its one week old. I am having problems going on to certain web sites, there is a error message box that pops up with.

i.e - www.bentley.co.uk then click the England link the following error message happens.

Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properley or functioning properley. In the future, you can display this message by double-clicking the warning icon displayed int the status bar.

When I look at the reason it says

Line: 27
Char: 2
Error: 'container' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.bentleymotors.com/bentleymotors/selectlanguage.jsp

Also when I click on www.gamesformobilephones.co.uk then click on the Java Games all the CLICK HERE pop up boxes do not work.

Is there a problem with java scripts or the POP Up? :smileygrin: www.gamesformobilephones.co.uk

When I get my old lap top out and go on to the same sites it works :cry: :thinking:

6 REPLIES 6
Snipes
Visitor

No double posting please

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Tripple posting too.
Please -- enough, it's tough enough for people like VAIO-Masters to keep track without all this postings.

A bit of netiquette please.

fatgaz
Visitor

What is going on here? I cant see this post 3 times? I know multiple posting is a pain, but i have to say that sometimes when i have asked for help, i get quite a few replies but in many cases its the pro's pontificating about other things and rather annoyingly, never answering the question at hand!!

I have the same problem Livsey, and no i have no idea why. My wife works form home in research, and some of the sites she uses are now not accessible. Im not a techie, but i think its a problem with the lates version of Java that comes with new PC's. But i may be wrong.

Any experts out there, by all means slap wrists for multiple posting if you have to, but at least try and answer the question as well. Smart ass comments help no one.

kee-lo_

Please read this post

datherton
Visitor

That's not a hardware problem, it's a Windows problem. Are your Internet settings the same as the old PC (use the Files and Settings wizard) and have you downloaded all the Windows updates.

robpaxton
Explorer

Try installing Sun Java from http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp - it is less buggy than the MS flavour.