Join now - be part of our community!

please help: my laptop is very loud

robotslover
Visitor

please help: my laptop is very loud

Dear All,
I have sony vaio PCG-FR315M laptop. It has very loud noise and dont know what to do about it. please help.

thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

How old is the notebook? If this has developed recently it may be that the cooling vents need a clean.

I suggest that you download MobileMeter and check the CPU temperature.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Rich912,

The English hyperlink does not seem to work on the mobilemter page, so I have posted an alternative link

Hope you don't mind :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for that Thalamus, no it is not working at this end either.:smileyconfused:

You can of course just click the download link in the Japanese page but your link is certainly clearer. Thanks:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
robotslover
Visitor

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I thought about the cleaning thing and tried to open the laptop, but did not manage to even after removing all screws. Is there any hint for unassembling it?
I searched on the net for a long time and found instrutions for many models but not for the PCG-FR315M model.

Also, is there a fan driver from sony, or an upgrade for the BIOS that can help?

i just downloaded the mobilemeter and found that the temperature of the CPU is 51.

thanks a lot

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is a guide for the FR215H, as posted by another member, but your model will be very similar. Click on the English link at the top of the page.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
carthorian
Visitor

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I thought about the cleaning thing and tried to open the laptop, but did not manage to even after removing all screws. Is there any hint for unassembling it?
I searched on the net for a long time and found instrutions for many models but not for the PCG-FR315M model.

Also, is there a fan driver from sony, or an upgrade for the BIOS that can help?

i just downloaded the mobilemeter and found that the temperature of the CPU is 51.

thanks a lot

51 is quite high for a notebook in my opinion. Mine is at least 10° less. Be glad your fan still works properly (though load), otherwise you might experience other problems.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

51 is quite high for a notebook in my opinion. Mine is at least 10° less. Be glad your fan still works properly (though load), otherwise you might experience other problems.

Mine seems to runs smoothly & happily at 48 to 51:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Mine seems to runs smoothly & happily at 48 to 51

It very much depends on the type of CPU in the notebook. Most have Mobile processors which are designed to function at higher temperatures than the desktop processors that are also used in notebooks.

My notebook has a Mobile Intel Pentium Processor that runs quite happily between 54 and 56 deg but this would be far too high for models using a desktop processor.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I get the same sort of temps as Rich