Join now - be part of our community!

PIONNER DVRK12D on GRT815E

profile.country.fr_FR.title
micheldelyon
Visitor

PIONNER DVRK12D on GRT815E

Hello, for some time, my reader of CD / DVD PIONNER DVR-K12D, re-knows only CD, and ignores the DVD. when I insert a dvd into the reader, Windows tells me to put a disc in E: while he(it) is already inside. My biggest concerns, is that I cannot read any more the DVD of reinstalment of the system to the values of factory, the day when I would need it (boot of the dvd). I do not know if this problem is materiel or software???. Thank you in advance for your answers. And excuse my approximate English . Michel

2 REPLIES 2
carthorian
Visitor

Hello, for some time, my reader of CD / DVD PIONNER DVR-K12D, re-knows only CD, and ignores the DVD. when I insert a dvd into the reader, Windows tells me to put a disc in E: while he(it) is already inside. My biggest concerns, is that I cannot read any more the DVD of reinstalment of the system to the values of factory, the day when I would need it (boot of the dvd). I do not know if this problem is materiel or software???. Thank you in advance for your answers. And excuse my approximate English .    Michel

The DVR-K12D is a known bugged reader. A firmware update should do the trick. Make sure you read the warnings and instructions on performing firmware updates, they are important.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
micheldelyon
Visitor

Thanks to you for your reponse. effectively it is the first thing(matter) that I looked. My firmware is up to date (version 1.10) I also read that the others also had problems with this Pionner. I my big concerns, is that in the daytime or I would need to restore my system, I could not because of the boot on this reader by défault. In fact, the pionner dvrk12d, is of use me to nothing, because I have an engraver iomega external in USB who walks(works) very well. Thus, I look for the means, to be able to Booter the dvd of sony vaio, in the daytime or I would need it, if it is necessary to restore my XP of origin, on the iomega. Thank you PS: Carthorian, please answer me in French, if you can him(it), I uses a translator to read and answer, thus not completed.