Join now - be part of our community!

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

cmsd
Visitor

PIONEER DVR-K12D (aka PCGA-DDWGT1)

hi community,

recently I'm looking for helping hands in regard to following problem:

GRT816S with PIONEER DVR-K12D
instead of the shipped with OEM Windows XP Home installed Windows XP Pro (full orig vers) and all Windows and regulary updates recommended by Sony through viao-link already done, means v1.10 dvd update for the above DVR-K12D. The update process was successful without any fault message.

Now, my DVD can't read anything on disks furthermore, no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk - only the orig Windows XP Pro is readable currently.

What and how shall I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

no blank CD/DVD, no Sony Recovery Disk

On a blank CD/DVD is nothing to read, and yes you can't read the recovery DVD because you have not the preinstalled Windows on your system. But you can boot from the Recovery DVD.

cmsd
Visitor

Yep, of course on a blank CD/DVD is nothing to read ... sorry on that wording. Saying that my drive letter and the contents of is empty, means the DVD drive letter is E: but empty and nothing will be recognised. Usually and even put in a blank CD/DVD in to the DVDdrive should telling me XXX free of space, etc.

NO, I can't boot from the Recovery CD either. It does no matter setting in BIOS on boot. The machine starts as usual as no CD would be in the DVD drive.

So what?

seb21__
Visitor

There is a Firmware for your drive on VAIO-Link. Reinstall them.

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=en&m=1398

cmsd
Visitor

Already done so - no success!

My DVD drive reads just and still the orig WXPP CD only. When I put in any other CD/DVD the dirve makes undefined noise, I can hear that the laser is trying and trying but nothing is happens.

Also tried on the Pioneer Webpages to find suitable updates, no way. Surpise as it look.

seb21__
Visitor

mmh, sounds that the drive damaged. Or the lens is dirty. But why?

Have you called VAIO-Link?

cmsd
Visitor

already done:
- cleaning
- reinstalled

Readable and working:
Verbatim CD with 702mb Free Space
WXPP CD

No-readable and no-working:
TDK DVD-R with 4.7gb
Sony Recovery CD

So the drive can't be damaged, it seems ... must be something wrong on the software for the drive, isn't?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Can it read DVD videos?

cmsd
Visitor

@Kee-Lo

NO!

Can't read blank DVD in any form of, no movie DVD in any form of, means burned and orig bought in the shop - no matters!

:cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hmm

Sounds like an update has messed up your DVD drive.

Now I am wondering if you installed the ASPI layer from Adaptec would it work?

download.com has them.