Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-V1 PC card slot

PCV-V1 PC card slot

Dear reader

I have recently bought my computer primarily for programming purposes. However, prior to purchasing it, I asked a shop salesman whether the left/right audio and video phono jacks were IN's or OUT's. "Out's" he replied.:smileyhappy:

Alas, I soon discovered upon reading the instructions that they are in fact IN's :slight_frown: (let this be a lesson to us all) and I will not therefore be able to take the audio to my Hi-Fi and picture (from DVD's for example) to my TV (bigger picture than computers), which is what I had been planning to do:smileysad: .

I was told today however, that it may still be possible by using the PC card slot:smileyhappy: . Is this true?, and if so, how would I go about setting it up?

Thank you

Robbie

13 REPLIES 13
reaper
Visitor

or you could by a graphics card -that -has tv out put
or video card

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Getting a video signal out of a V1 is not going to be easy. The custom built nature of the computer means that it is virtually (if not totally) impossible to change the video card.

There used to be cardbus cards which would allow you to produce a TV output but as I remember they weren't very good value and were difficult to get a hold of.

cadamssony
Visitor

i wanna do the same thing...output to TV...
this is the spec on Sony website....all sockets are IN....incl s video
the graphics card is below....anyone know the answer???

Graphics
Graphic Card Full NameSIS651 (integrated graphics), 32MB (Shared with system memory)
Multimedia
Built-in Stereo Speakers (in display)YES
Front Interfaces
4 Pin i.LINK¿ (IEEE1394)1Memory Stick¿ Slot1PCMCIA Slot1MemoryStick¿ TypePro compatible
Rear Interfaces
Antenna in1Headphone Jack1Line in1Microphone Jack1RJ-11 Direct Port1RJ-45 Direct Port1USB Port Type2USB Port (quantity)4Audio L/R in1Composite video in1S-Video in1

also it has
Pre-installed Sony Software
Click to DVD1.3DVgatePlus 1.1GigaPocket5.5PictureGear Studio2.0Sonic Stage1.6Vaio Media2.5

does any of this wonderful software not allow output???

rgds
charles

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

There are no analog video outputs on the V1. The software cannot change that - if you need a video output then a PCMCIA or USB2 device is probably the only option available.