Join now - be part of our community!

Paint on the 'Speaker Gril' bit of the K series

feederfan
Visitor

Paint on the 'Speaker Gril' bit of the K series

Ok, when i brought my K series, it was a display model, and i got £100 knocked off because it had some scratches, and so on. So yesterday I brought a matching paint marker to the colour of the speaker cover and tried to remove the scratches. It didnt go as planned and the paint has dried a completley different colour.... So, what is the best way of removing this paint, or better still, can I order a new part?

6 REPLIES 6
stevep-4
Visitor

I am sure that if a replacement part was available, it would cost a lot more than £100... Sending in to SONY to get a new part would also cost you a great deal more than you have saved.

And you can forget about any warranty if you open the laptop yourself.

While we all love our Vaios, scratches are, unfortunately, an accepted risk with laptops.

I would not suggest using any solvents to remove the paint. They may attack the plastic parts, or if you spill into the computer it will get messy.

If you are happy to pain the laptop, consider using a contrasting colour....

how about a nice PINK ??

:smileygrin:

TygerTyger
Visitor

I have something that isn't paint (no idea what though!) on the grill, and nothing on earth shifts it. The speaker grill is built into the case, so replacement isn't an option anyway as far as I know. Certainly I can see tears if you try a paint remover on a computer grill :neutral:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would leave it be

Psaila
Visitor

I would leave it be

I would really have to agree , but a baby wipe might soften the marker paint . But if that¿s fails

Go to Option 1 and leave well alone , use the £100 you saved and stick one fifty pound note over the scratch . No one will ever see it again ¿

Paint compounds do hurt some Computer Plastics . ¿ Be Warned ¿

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

A non alcoholic antistatic wipe is better.
I believe Pledge do them.

feederfan
Visitor

Yeah, i didnt realise a bit of plastic would cost that much, but hey, its Sony, what do i expect! lol. I think I will prime it and paint it all silver again, how hard can it be..! I'll let ya know if it looks okay when i finish!