Join now - be part of our community!

MY VAIO DIES ON ME

eds2000
Visitor

MY VAIO DIES ON ME

Sometimes the screen goes blank. Then it shows a lot of writings in blue colour and turns itself off, so quick that I can't read what it says. The computer restarts. When finally it is re-booted, I get the massage saying it is recovered from a serious problem (Windows message). My biggiest fear is that one day the computer will die on me and will never wake up. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer? I would appreciate your help.

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah we need some clues to solve the case....

TygerTyger
Visitor

It would be handy to know what computer you have as well, plus what you are doing when it restarts.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

On my Computer : I think it's a driver-problem with directX.

I have a Vaio PCG-FR315S and when I push down the graphic quality give it no problems. But when I push up the quality ---> "CRASH"

feederfan
Visitor

Well theres your answer, keep the quality low. Your GFX chipset wont be able to handle complicated graphics, thats why it crashes.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Seb: Install the latest version of Directx from microsofts website (reinstall if you already have the latest) and update your graphics card drivers.

You may also afterwards want to run the directx tests to see if they bring up errors. Type dxdiag in the run dialogue box on the start menu then just run the tests.

seb21__
Visitor

I have directX 9.0c and I have installed the latest graphics-driver

But not only my Computer is crashing by "URU Complete Chronicles"

A friend from me have a Desktop Computer with a PCI-Express Graphicscard from ATI.

And his Computer crashed or freezing too.

The problem is the Software. There is incompatible to the graphics driver.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah but the relief is that it's not your card thats at fault, it's poor programming

seb21__
Visitor

Right!:smileydancing:

TygerTyger
Visitor

You could wait for a patch for the game, or what would probably be more useful to the game makers is if you reported the problem to them.

seb21__
Visitor

Thats a good idea.

Warum bin ich nicht selbst darauf gekommen?:smileyconfused:

No new patches!:smileycry:

But thanks.