Join now - be part of our community!

MY VAIO DIES ON ME

eds2000
Visitor

MY VAIO DIES ON ME

Sometimes the screen goes blank. Then it shows a lot of writings in blue colour and turns itself off, so quick that I can't read what it says. The computer restarts. When finally it is re-booted, I get the massage saying it is recovered from a serious problem (Windows message). My biggiest fear is that one day the computer will die on me and will never wake up. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer? I would appreciate your help.

28 REPLIES 28
feederfan
Visitor

Sounds like you just have one of those common windows problems, Running Windows alongside non-microsoft software. I wouldnt worry about it, it doesnt sound serious, try running some anti-virus and spyware detecting software to see if you can pick anything up

eds2000
Visitor

Thank your for your advice. But I don't think I have any non-windows programme. Though I will run anti-virus to check.

eds2000
Visitor

Sorry, I misread your message. Of course I run non-microsoft programmes on my computer. Thank you.

feederfan
Visitor

lol, it was just a sarcastic comment, Its just a thing windows tends to do, i know from experience that it can be unstable at the best of times!

hankatten
Visitor

You should also try to run Spy Sweeper (www.webroot.com). A good antivirus program and a spam protection software is essential today.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The code from the BSOD would be handy

robpaxton
Explorer

Yes, we need the details of the blue screen error. To turn off the auto restart so that you can copy the error message:

click on the Start button.
right click on the My Computer item in the Start Menu.
select the Properties item from the Context Menu that scrolls out.
click on the Advanced tab.
click the button for Settings under Startup and Recovery.
click to remove the check mark next to Automatic Restart.
click OK.

The next time you have a blue screen crash, the computer will halt so that you can read the message. Once you have this, post back and we may be able to help further.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Hy

I have the same problem with blue screen crash , but only when I play
"URU Complete Chronicles"

robpaxton
Explorer

The only way anyone has a chance of tying the problem down to anything is if the BSOD details are posted.