Join now - be part of our community!

Media recovery kit -italian

franco62
Visitor

Media recovery kit -italian

Hello!
I'm Franco from Italy, and i'mnew in this forum since I bought a VAIO VGC RA304 twenty days ago .

My problem:

After a system dead crash, I had to reformat the hard disk and I lost all the data and all the preinstalled software & drivers.

The problem is (my big fault) that I didn't make in the beginning the media Recovery Kit as it was suggested, so now I don't know what to do.

I tried to contact Sony via phon/e-mail/fax, but no answer yet.

Does anybody knows if it's possible to find all the preinstalled software (XP home included) and where?

Believe me...it's not a matter of money.

Thanks a lot

Franco

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi franco62

welcome to the Forum

Have you tried pressing F10 at system start?

Please try not multi post, Thanks.

Anyone fancy a trip to Italy to do the restore :smileygrin:

gnomo74
Visitor

Hi Franco,
if you have erased all the partitions (even the hidden recovery partition) the simplest way will be to simply order the recovery kit to VAIO LINK. They will ask for a proof of purchase and then send you the kit for around 70-80 € (I don't remeber exactly).

franco62
Visitor

Hi franco62

welcome to the Forum

Have you tried pressing F10 at system start?

Please try not multi post, Thanks.

Anyone fancy a trip to Italy to do the restore :smileygrin:

Sorry Thalamus for the multi posting, but it was my first time here and I didn't realize I posted on the wrong section.

About the F10........now is too late ...meaning that I formatted the HD!

So...lost all!

Franco

franco62
Visitor

Hi Franco,
if you have erased all the partitions (even the hidden recovery partition) the simplest way will be to simply order the recovery kit to VAIO LINK. They will ask for a proof of purchase and then send you the kit for around 70-80 € (I don't remeber exactly).

Thank you Gnomo....this is what I was thinking....but I don't know where to order the kit.

I'm surfing the Vaio Link website....but didn't see anything!

Grazie
Franco

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

franco62

Here is a link from the Vaio-link FAQ/knowledge, regarding deletion of recovery partition, unfortunately it is in english. :slight_frown:

franco62
Visitor

Thalamus,
no problem with the language!
I went there, but it seems that there
is no way to get the Recovery Kit from them.

2.500 euro of PC...20 days of life and already dead!

Franco

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I believe you use the Contact & Escalation link here

franco62
Visitor

Yes, I used that link.....

gnomo74
Visitor

Hi Franco,
just call 848 801 541, with you VAIO s/n at hand. You will need to provide a proof of purchase. After that, they can process the order for a recovery kit (usually 1 or 2 DVDs that will restore OS & Apps).