Join now - be part of our community!

Maximum RAM for VGN-A115Z

jonboywilling
Visitor

Maximum RAM for VGN-A115Z

Hi all,
I have a VGN-A115Z and am trying to find out the maximum RAM it can support. Crucial Memory's system checker doesn't recognise my system and its not listed anywhere that I've looked!
Also, what do the different suffix numbers on model number mean? (Have seen Z, S and G)
Thanx.

4 REPLIES 4
drew0119
Visitor

Hi ther I have the same model A115, though just replacing it with A2159HP model. Max ram is 1 gb, unfortunately Sony always fill both memory slots with the lower dinominator ie; 2x 256mb units, It becomes a problem when you want to upgrade to 1gb ram, you basicaly have to throw both 256mb modules away and replace with 2x 512mb modules. I can't see why they do not fill only one of the available slots with a 512 and make it much more friendly when one wants to upgrade the ram, it is obviously cheeper for Sony & other to do it this way. The model letters: B, S, K, Z etc relate to the specific purpose of that maching ie; portable. extrem portable, lightweight, desktop replacement etc see vio-link and go to category, computers / VAIO Notebooks then select either ultra mobile or mobile performance, you'll see all the models listed.

Gocho
Visitor

Hey everyone. I have this exact laptop. (the 17'' one)

I was wondering how can I clean the screen since it's not a normal screen..it's very sensitive.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No double postings please.

Woody27
Visitor

I'm afraid drew0119 is incorrect.

Although Sony states that the VGN-A115Z can only accept 1Gb max of ram it can in fact support 2 Gb (2x1 Gb)!

CW