Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for help Windows 8 Pro Upgrade please..

profile.country.en_GB.title
norriskg
Visitor

Looking for help Windows 8 Pro Upgrade please..

Hi,

I have a Vaio VGN-FW11E which was running on Vista but i have just upgraded my operating system to Windows 8 Pro. (It was a clean install from Microsoft)

I now realise that there may have been an option to upgrade through Sony which would have ment that i keep all of my Sony program software.

Please can you let me know if there is anyway to install what these programs after the Win 8 upgrade?

Thank you

norriskg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi norriskg and welcome.

Unfortunately, Sony do not support an upgrade to Windows 8 for your model so there are no drivers or software upgrades available.

An upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 is possible but not to Windows 8.

What particular Sony programs are you looking to retain?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi norriskg,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

unfortuantely not as Sony do not make the pre-installed applications available for download..:smileysad:

Also your vaio FW11E is not listed as being supported by Sony for the upgrade to windows 8 so it may be worth taking a look at the following info - I have checked if my VAIO is supported, but it is not, although it meets  the minimum Windows® 8 re...

Futher info should you need it can be found in the *Sony Windows 8 FAQ's* thread..:smileywink:

norriskg
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thank you very much for your help..

The Sony programs i originally had installed were as follows,

Vaio Music Box, Windows Media Player, SonicStage Mastering Studio 2.4

Adobe Premiere Elements 4, Vaio Content Importer/Exporter, WinDVD 8.0 for Vaio. DivX Player Converter

The Movie Story, Photoshop Elements 6, Vaio Media Plus.

I realise that i can get some of the programs and there are also open source programs avaliable but it would be great to try and keep some of my computers previous identity..

Once again thank you for you help

Kind regards

norriskg
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thank you very much for your help and the weblink it certainly will save me from loads of time searching the Sony site..

Kind regards