Join now - be part of our community!

I purchased a new sony vaio SVS13112FXB pre- installed with windows 7 home premium. Sadly i didnt make any recovery disks. But now i would really like to downgrade my sony vaio back to windows 7 home premium.

profile.country.en_GB.title
abnrg96
Visitor

I purchased a new sony vaio SVS13112FXB pre- installed with windows 7 home premium. Sadly i didnt make any recovery disks. But now i would really like to downgrade my sony vaio back to windows 7 home premium.

I purchased a new sony vaio SVS13112FXB pre- installed with windows 7 home premium. Sadly i didnt  make any recovery disks. But now i would really like to downgrade my sony vaio back to windows 7 homw premium.

I have alredy tried to purchase the recovery disk but they are not available in my country and would like to if I can download this recovery from somewhere (i.e a torrent or a download link)

thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi abnrg96 and welcome.

There is no legal way of downloading Recovery Discs.

What country are you in?  Your profile says UK.

This is a Sony USA model designed for sale in the US.  You can buy them here cheaper than the corresponding European model but Support is only available from the USA and you would have to pay for support and any repairs in Europe.  Recovery discs would have to be sent to an address in the USA. A false econony?

All you can try is to install Windows 7 64-bit and phone Microsoft Activation and explain the circumstances and hope they will activate for you by quoting the COA on the bottom of the Vaio.  You can then download the available Drivers and Utilities from the Sony USA website here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVS13112FXB&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/...

However, I don't think everything is downloadable.

:thinking: