Join now - be part of our community!

How to connect my PCG-F403 to LAN-internet?

dtygel
Visitor

How to connect my PCG-F403 to LAN-internet?

Hi all,
I have a vaio PCG-F403, which I used to connect to internet through modem, but now I have an ADSL connection (the net blue cable), and don`t know how to connect my notebook.

Do I need some card? Or an adaptor to USB or something like this?

Thanks for any help! It`s quite a simple qustion, but I didn`t find any mention to it in the knowledgebase nor in its manuals... :cry:

D. Tygel

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi D. Tygel

Welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

This depends on the type of ADSL modem that you have and what ports this modem has?

Have a look at the ADSL modems manual for more information, that presuming you have an ADSL modem :thinking:

dtygel
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

thanks for the quick reply. Well, I'm not connected directly to an ADSL modem, but other computer is, in the office. Normally, all I have to do in a desktop computer is to plug the cable (the blue one) in the ethernet-card plug-in behind the computer, and simply browse in the internet (settings: automatically / dynamically detect DNS and IP).

is there something else I should know? In the desktop computer, it's simply written that I have the "ethernet adapter", not more than that... I think I might have to insert a PCMCIA ethernet card to the notebook? is it? if so, what specs must it have for being compatible to the vaio pcg-F403?

Thanks again for the patience with my newbie's questions,

daniel

dtygel
Visitor

Hi, I solved my problem much more simply than I expected: I simply needed a PCMCIA ethernet card (32bits, 10/100MB) and it worked immediately, without the need of any driver.

Now the good old F403 is connected to internet! :wink:

daniel

TW
Visitor

Hi dtygel,

Happy to see your problem is solved.

Thanks for posting back the status and your solution.

Enjoy 2006

:wink: