Join now - be part of our community!

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Sikandar
Visitor

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi,

I currently have a vaio PCG-GRV616G.

I've been having problems with pixelation, i.e: when windows is loading up the (green/blue) bar thats runs across the screen looks pixelated, and then windows won't start at all. I've lost my recovery disks so I cant use them to reinstall windows although when the problem did originally occur even the recovery disks did not resolve the issue. I've tried it with xp professional (new installation), and while windows is being installed it seems ok (no graphical problems) but as soon as installation is complete and windows reboots the system the problem is back. My mate has tried installing windows 2000 and with some luck has managed to get into windows. He says that if you drop the graphics down to 16bit its ok, but as soon as you boost it up to 32 the problem is back and the whole screen is pixelated.

Now since i've lost the recovery disks I cant do anything in terms of installing the necessary drives, and I cant find it on this website too.

I've asked sony for the disks and they said it would cost around £50 - £70. And even then I don't know if thats gonna resolve the issue.

I'm compleletly stuck as without installing the drivers my mate cant determine what the problem is and also if it can be fixed by him.

I think from my understanding its the mobility radeon 9000 chipset thats f**ked up. Not good news as its nearly 3 years old no warranty and I cant afford expensive repair costs let alone another laptop. This one at the time cost £1200.

Can anybody please help!!!

Thanks in advance guys.:smileycry:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sikandar,

You will find the Video driver here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat