Join now - be part of our community!

HELP ati radeon driver update wont work for VPCEC2S0E?

profile.country.en_GB.title
bongobongo21
Visitor

HELP ati radeon driver update wont work for VPCEC2S0E?

help ati radeon driver update wont work for VPCEC2S0E and laptop is now having problems processing sound and images :thinking:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi bongobongo21 and welcome.

Which driver are you trying to install?  The only update for your model seems to be from November 2010.  Driver updates must come from Sony - any other source will not install.

Exactly what problems are you having?

:thinking:

Davinor
Visitor

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB1SOE and the ATI Radeon Drivers are not supported by Windows 8 which I have just installed. I tried looking for an upgrade for the Drivers but there doesn't seem to be one fore Windows 8?

Any ideas?

Davinor

profile.country.ro_RO.title
73gliviu
New

Hello,

I have the same problem with my VPCSE2F1E laptop. I try to solved but it`s dificult because Sony doesn`t love you.

Sony says that you must to instal original w7 from recovery partition and after that you can upgrade your system to w8 with all drivers and software. This way didn`t work on me, because when i try to recover my system i have received error code 12 and nothing more. Maybe works on your systems.

I pay a lot of money for this product (1000 euro) and now i know that i`m stupid. I intend to sue Sony for this. I can use my grafic card because they didn`t want to ofer free drivers for w8. This is a big mistake and in the future i will search for another provider.

Best regrads,

ps. sory for my english, it`s not my native language...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

@Davinor

I think you must wait until Sony provide Windows 8 Drivers for your model.

@73gliviu

Your model is Supported by Sony for the Windows 8 Upgrade.  Have you downloaded all the VAIO Upgrade for Windows 8 Pack from here?

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index.aspx

Of course, the ATi drivers may not be available yet - they are being added daily.

:thinking:

profile.country.sk_SK.title
walerw
New

I have the same problem as @73gliviu, I have reinstalled VAIO Upgrade for Windows 8, and the Update shows me that no Updates are availabie.

antcheet
Visitor

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB1Z0E. The upgrade kit also says it wont work for my laptop. I am having problems with my ATI card. Windows media player will not play video although I can hear the audio. If I change the driver to the basic micorsoft display adapter, it all works fine. Anybody know of any updates available yet?