Join now - be part of our community!

GRX616SP and the annoying freeze!!!!!

adycooper
Visitor

GRX616SP and the annoying freeze!!!!!

Hi Everyone, i've had a GRX616SP for some time now. Recently it has started to hang for approx 20seconds and then come back to life!!!
I decided to perform a restore.
This hasn't solved the problem.
Has anyone got any ideas on tweeking the sytem to get round this.
Here's living in hope!!!
Adycooper

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

How long have you had the machine?

I would ask what software you have on it but if you've done a complete restore then that doesn't apply :wink:

Have you checked in device manager how much memory is showing on the system - should be 2 x 512MB.

adycooper
Visitor

Just showing the memory as 1.00Gb

tellingd
Visitor

Have you got the WiFi card installed? If so it may be that there is a problem with this; common problem on other models.

What AV s/ware are you running? I know that Norton tries to auto dial for updates and if it can't the system seems to hang whilst it works out that it can't - if you see what I mean :thinking:

My 616 seems a little slow when I'm on battery - 'cos the processor is running at half speed only. Does this hanging happen when you're on mains?

HTH

BTW, what do you use yours for? I bought mine for DVD burning but I never seem to have the time for it :cry:

adycooper
Visitor

Good tip on the wifi card!!!
We recently ditched a wireless a/point and reverted back to cat v.
Just taken it out, will let you know if there is any improvement.

I'm using Trend Micro Officescan within our domain.

DVD burning...Arrrrgghhhh!!!!!!
The amount of time and blank dvd-r's wasted is unbelievable.
Have given up with Drag'n'Drop.
Have you tried any other software?
If so, what d'ya recommend? :angry:

tellingd
Visitor

I've only used Drag'n'Drop so far and had no problems - but only used it for putting a load of pictures onto a DVD (+) for my brother-in-law.

I fancy trying Click2DVD to get some of my (analogue) movies onto DVD - it's be nice if my whole family could be bored, not just the ones who come to visit :wink:

:laughing: