Join now - be part of our community!

freezing

jith
Visitor

freezing

my pcg k215z keeps on freezing all the time.....
i dont know why but it does suddently the fan works and everything but nothing else only the power light is on
then i have to hold the power button till it switches itself off and then switch on again......

19 REPLIES 19
feederfan
Visitor

Its not just the 215z though, it seems to affect all the K series, there have been reports of the problem from your K215z, My K295HP and a K31 in the past

mattbees
Visitor

hmm that makes things a bit more annoying. All Ive used mine for so far is for accessing esupport and club vaio forums to complain about it!!

feederfan
Visitor

Yeah it is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really irritating! lol

TygerTyger
Visitor

My K-series never froze yet. It might be heat related, mine runs quite cool.

At any rate, I only just sent mine to be repaired and it was actually quite quick, it only took 3 weeks to get back to me, and that was with New Years and Christmas holidays plus wait time for the parts they didn't have in stock. It's only 7-10 days usually. I know it's a long time if you need your computer (as I did) but while you have a warranty it's good a very good idea to get it sorted. They even fixed something I hadn't noticed was wrong.

feederfan
Visitor

It doesnt bother me that much really, It doesnt happen all the time, i think it is a heat issue 2 be honest, it never happens when I am running it on batteries at college, only when it is on my desk plugged in, When i run it with my desk light off, it barely ever happens, i think that is causing the extra heat. I cant afford to send it off for 2 weeks really, Its my Job aswell as everything else, and I believe u have to wipe everything off before u send it away, and theres no chance im doing that, its taken me ages to get it the way i want it!

TygerTyger
Visitor

no you dont have to wipe everything off.

feederfan
Visitor

I might consider it then, I am off to spain in a month for a week, so I could do it then maybe, I'll see if the problem gets worse! Its pretty bearable at the moment

jith
Visitor

feederfan

There is a solution that i have found that does the job, if you leave windows media player open, playing a track on repeat, and leave ur laptop on mute it will keep it alive, as long as you are using the processor it doesnt seem to happen...wierd

that is great,... well not great if u look at it properly..... mine has been on for whole 3 days without any shutting down....... i been running winamp on silent
this is really bad !!! y the hell is it not freezing when we using the processor continuously?????????

bluemore
Visitor

i had the same issues. went to all the "experts" and paid a lot of money for people to scratch their heads. It turned out to be a CPU issue even though the notebook was not even 18 months old and everyone said it could not be the CPU as it was booting and working before freezing. Replaced it and its fine.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Mine seems to be OK, its a K115B. I did notice a few odd things but its so few and far between on this laptop its barely worth telling Sony about it.

I have never experienced the CPU problems on this system, maybe it is something to do with the Pentium processors as opposed to the Celeron processors... Just a thought...:smileywink: