Join now - be part of our community!

Formated my VAIO VGN-Z21WN. Can't install Nvidia Driver

Soelberg
Visitor

Formated my VAIO VGN-Z21WN. Can't install Nvidia Driver

Hi

I have just formated my VAIO VGN-Z21WN and upgraded it to Vista Ultimate. But now i got at problem. I cant install the driversoftware for the NVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS screencard. I have downloaded a driver from the VAIO Homepage and from Nvidia's homepage, but no luck.

Anybody know why i can't install it?

I have obviusly not made the recovery cd's 😞

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Peter and welcome

The driver from the nVidia site will not install but the download from Vaio-Link should install correctly.

Do you get any error messages?

You have set the mode switch to 'speed'? The nVidia driver will not install in 'stamina' mode.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
simbaron2
Visitor

Hi

I have just formated my VAIO VGN-Z21WN and upgraded it to Vista Ultimate. But now i got at problem. I cant install the driversoftware for the NVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS screencard. I have downloaded a driver from the VAIO Homepage and from Nvidia's homepage, but no luck.

Anybody know why i can't install it?

I have obviusly not made the recovery cd's 😞

Peter

hi peter it won't work as it is looking for a certain system set up.

Video driver can be downloaded here NOTE* when installing the video driver it must be done manually via device manager pointing it at nvac file in the 185.85 folder, this is because it has been re written to accept the system setup.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.sv_SE.title
larjonss8
Visitor

I seem to have a similar problem, I can't find a video driver anywhere for my VGN-Z21-WN, most of the files

in the downloads section dont seem to be able to download.

I've tried to use both Win7 and Win8, 64bit version, but there doesnt seem to be a way to download

a driver for the built in Nvidia Geforce 9300m GS video card?

The driver package on Nvidias home page cant find the video card in my computer.

I tried with the vista 64but driver on the homepage, but something seem to be very wrong with all files, I

wasn't able to download any of the drivers?

Graphics_Driver_NVIDIA_Rh2_64_7.15.11.7449 seemed to be a nice one, pity it wasn't downloadable

anymore.

profile.country.en_GB.title
algemmell
Visitor

I too have what appears to be the same problem of not being able to install an appropriate video driver update for my Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS video card, though in my case the computer is a VGN-Z21-VN. I am looking to upgrade if from Vista Business to the equivalent Windows 7 OS. All help or advice welcome.