Join now - be part of our community!

Flickering screen

profile.country.GB.title
DiracDeBroglie
New

Flickering screen

I got a Vaio PCG-GRT916Z, which is 7 years old.  Always did a perfect job.  But recently the screen started flickering.  Now I know for sure it is the backlight lamp.  That is in my case some halogeen lamp and the stuff is worn out.

So, are there any websites that sell Sony Vaio Laptop backlight lamps in Europe?

I've found some but they were all American delivering only in the US.

Johan

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
DiracDeBroglie
New

I already opened my laptop and checked all the wiring.  I've been pulling and pushing the several wires from the screen to the motherboard but the screen does not flicker in those circumstances.  Only when I move the screen back and forth, then flickering starts occuring and keeps on going for a while.  I think it is probably the CCFL backlight lamp itself that is causing the problem.

More urgent for me is to find a shop or a website that delivers CCFL lamps in Europe, Belgium.

Johan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Johan,

Quite honestly I think that your best course of action would be to contact one of Sony’s service partners. As far as I know they are all in the UK at present but would presumably arrange collection and return to Belgium. They don’t supply only parts but should be able to provide a quotation for repair. You will then have an idea as to whether repair is a viable option.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=PCG-GRT916Z

Alternatively contact a local repairer in your locality.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
pctech33
Visitor

Hi,

Due to the problems in the inverter or due to the troubles in the cable connection usually screen flickering happens in the display of Sony Laptop. As the inverters are responsible to supply power to the back-lit of the screen, any problem in the inverter would create troubles. By replacing your inverter and by checking the connections of the cable in your Sony laptop, this problem could be easily resolved.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Life is too serious to be taken seriously