It´s here!
It´s new!
It´s fresh!
It´s SONY!

And i think SONY did it again!
The wait is over and it was worth!

Installation was easy and fast!
Booted up....:smileygrin:
Especially the time and date display after power-off is great!!!
Kudos SONY!

The included "skins" are some of them good and pleasant, others more girlie-loke....grrr.
HEY PEOPLE...go and design your own!
POST it!!!
Now we finally can customize ourself the PocketVaio-GREAT!!!

Scrolling is really faster, also the new display of songs is way better.
The songs now really play "gapless".....:smileywink:

The pictures also display now way faster than before, even in high-resolution the display time goes faster!!! :wink:

So finally (sure i´we not tested all improvements...) SONY did a good job with this firmware-update.
Hope SONY is continuing to improve it more from time to time and will give us finally the so much needed video-mode!!!

And finally not to forget the SonicStage v2.3!!! (update)

Now people, let´s here what u think and experience about V3.0!

:kissing:

41 REPLIES 41
diverse
Visitor

On the play all artist trax, if i search by artist i get that option, play all tracks that is and all tracks from all albums including compilations seem ok?

I hope the batterru draining when off has been resolved!

I don't use my unit all the time and it's a pain going through through "setup" every time i charge the unit up again!

Only time will tell?

nemo66
Visitor

Well....users are welcome to post here theyr thoughts about the battery issue (due to the fact that this may also be a firmware problem aka one wich the firmware can improve)

:smileynerd:

VaioMAN
Visitor

As the songs are played in gapless mode, it means the device is uploading several tracks at the same time and then accesses to the HDD less often.

nemo66
Visitor

One more thing:
SONY missed to give us a readme.txt !!!
Sony....act now and follow it up!

Automan
Visitor

On the play all artist trax, if i search by artist i get that option, play all tracks that is and all tracks from all albums including compilations seem ok?

I don't use my unit all the time and it's a pain going through through "setup" every time i charge the unit up again!

Only time will tell?

I don't think the power drain has been resolved. I notice you can hear a hiss thru the headphones even when the unit is off!

Re play all tracks by an artist.
If I select 10cc it says I have 4 tracks.
I then pick play all and it says 120 tracks.

On my one it seems to assume all tracks on a CD are byt e same artist (but on compilations they are not).

My Sony NW-HD1 gets it correct and only plays the four 10cc tracks. Vaio Pocket just plays all tracks from all compilation albums that have 10cc tracks on them.

Can other please confirm their units just play tracks from the selected artist.

Many Thanks

Automan.

Pentagram
Visitor

Here is a PDF file with all the changes introduced with firmware 3.0. It even states how to add lyrics with Sonicstage. There are a lot of changes and new functions so I think Sony should also release an updated manual.

chunky99
Visitor

Only time will tell?

I don't think the power drain has been resolved. I notice you can hear a hiss thru the headphones even when the unit is off!

Re play all tracks by an artist.

On my one it seems to assume all tracks on a CD are byt e same artist (but on compilations they are not).

My Sony NW-HD1 gets it correct and only plays the four 10cc tracks. Vaio Pocket just plays all tracks from all compilation albums that have 10cc tracks on them.

Many Thanks

Automan.

Hi Automan

Mine also plays all tracks from a compilation album when you select one artist that appears on the album. Also I have noticed that some remixes by an artist (Zero 7 for example) also appear as tracks by that remixer as well as the main artist.

Quite Bizzar

Many Thanks

Automan.

nemo66
Visitor

@all (and @SONY) :slight_smile:

Battery issue (standby battery-drain) seems to be resolved!
THANKS @ SONY! :handshake:

After 3 days of inactivity (standby and button pushed to secure) my battery is still almost fully charged.
Befor the update it was empty after 3 days!

Thumbs up!

nemo66
Visitor

@Pentagram

THX for the pdf.
:smileygrin:

simon.giesen
Visitor

Hi everybody!

I agree, the firmware provided by sony is great. They did a great job. The Vaio Pocket Player is the best :slight_smile:

Well there are some things I still miss:

- Display bit-rate and sound file format
- Display complete time of whole album and remain-time
- thumbnails when displaying pictures from digital still camera !!!