It´s here!
It´s new!
It´s fresh!
It´s SONY!

And i think SONY did it again!
The wait is over and it was worth!

Installation was easy and fast!
Booted up....:smileygrin:
Especially the time and date display after power-off is great!!!
Kudos SONY!

The included "skins" are some of them good and pleasant, others more girlie-loke....grrr.
HEY PEOPLE...go and design your own!
POST it!!!
Now we finally can customize ourself the PocketVaio-GREAT!!!

Scrolling is really faster, also the new display of songs is way better.
The songs now really play "gapless".....:smileywink:

The pictures also display now way faster than before, even in high-resolution the display time goes faster!!! :wink:

So finally (sure i´we not tested all improvements...) SONY did a good job with this firmware-update.
Hope SONY is continuing to improve it more from time to time and will give us finally the so much needed video-mode!!!

And finally not to forget the SonicStage v2.3!!! (update)

Now people, let´s here what u think and experience about V3.0!

:kissing:

41 REPLIES 41
backfiredog
Visitor

we need multilingual text support like the ipod,

chunky99
Visitor

For some reason I'm not seeing any change with the 2 line display mode terned on or off.

Does anyone know what actually changes?:smileyconfused:

Otherwise an excellent update :smileygrin:

Well done Sony. Keep developing.

dmslider
Visitor

No Idea what so ever... Anyone?

What does it do?

Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

I think it is to do with when you are scrolling through songs. With it switched on, with every song and album that you scroll through, the artisis name appears underneath it. With it switched off, it goes back to the larger lettering without the artists name shown.

nemo66
Visitor

People....

-how about the battery time?
-is it better or worst?

Does someone see some changes in the power managment of the PocketVaio?

clubuser
Visitor

due to the fact that the HDD is accessed much less - the battery time should go up!! however there is no confirmed number or percentage - let me know your experiences....

BR
CU

diverse
Visitor

Why is the HD accessed less?

nemo66
Visitor

Is here something i missed?
Really, why is the hd acceess reduced?

Automan
Visitor

Depending upon how much ram the pocket has and the bit rate of files and of course how smart the pocket is.
The device should be able to read several tracks from the hard drive in one read.

This will reduce the amount of times the hard drive is powered up and improve resilaince to being jogged.

I see the unit also now displays the time and date on the base unit (when on charge) and on the remote (while playing tracks. This can be turned off).

It is a shame they did not make an updated user manual availble at the same time...

Also it seems it still can't just play tracks by a given artist even though it will now tell you how many there are.

Also it lost all my tracks I selected to add to a playlist last night.

Automan.

diverse
Visitor

I presume this is dependant on the bitrate you choose?

But how has the update helped?

If it free'd more RAM then cool but i am sure that was not one of the "34" updates!

Why won't Sony list the 34?