Join now - be part of our community!

Display driver problem

profile.country.da_DK.title
sharpshooter30698
New

Display driver problem

hey please help me this problem is really frustrating and i dont know what to do. my problem is i have a sony vaio vpcsb1v9e and i have  a problem whenever I play minecraft the display freezes and then the screen blacks out for 5 seconds and then says the display driver has crashed and successfully recovered and the minecraft window is now white and i have to restart it and this happens every time. I have updated my display driver and my graphics card. Also everytime my computer's temperature goes up and then it freezes. Please respond ASAP

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sharpshooter30698 and welcome.

Does the same thing happen when you use the Intel HD Graphics by switching to Stamina Mode?

I would download a utilitiy program like PC Wizard which will let you check the CPU/GPU/HDD temperatures.  How hot is your Vaio just before it crashes.  You may need to clean out the air vents and make sure they are not obstructed in any way.

Driver updates for your model need to be provided by Sony and if the latest driver is causing problems, report it to Vaio Support.

:thinking:

profile.country.da_DK.title
sharpshooter30698
New

Hi thanks for the advice i ve tried that it just lags more i have downloaded a utility program like that but it keeps it constant it doesnt decrease the temperatures. How do i clean out the air vents? I have the latest drivers from sony i ll try to contact them.