Join now - be part of our community!

Dead T2XP

charliepat
Visitor

Dead T2XP

Hi, can anyone tell me what a continuesly flashing battery LED means when using mains power. If I remove the battery everything works the way it should (won't boot with the battery installed).

Cheers, Charlie

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like a dead battery

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

If the flashing stops whilst on mains power then this is the battery charging to its 85% level before switching over to its slow charge mode (85% capacity is achieved in one hour on most VAIO's).

However if this flashing still persists even after several hours on AC power then as Kee-Lo said its most likely a dead battery.

Darn things cost £189 for my VAIO!

carthorian
Visitor

Sony quality is good, but as always when you produce something on a mass scale, there are always some with flaws. And most of those flaws will be posted on this website, almost never the good experiences.

As it is only 6 months old you might still have some warranty (although battery warranty usually is only 6 months), give it a try asap!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Well said Carthorian, good experiences are rearly posted.

charliepat
Visitor

Thanks guys, a bit dissapointed as the machine is only 6 months old & never been out the house + a max of 4 hours battery use, So much for Sony quality.

Cheers, Charlie

charliepat
Visitor

Warranty on the battery is only 3 months & when you spend £1500 on something & it goes wrong you don't realy feel like praising the good things about it.

Charlie

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

This is why I bought my laptop from John Lewis and I would recommend anyone else to.

If you buy from them they supply the sony warrenty for the first year then their own warrenty the second.

Any dead pixels even 1 within the first 2 years they will exchange the laptop for a brand new one or will replace the LCD free of charge (if its after the first year warrenty) even though they cannot send it back to sony for them to replace or recover the funds since I think its 5 or more dead pixels that sony will change it and its classed as faulty?

Same goes for batteries any dead or faulty battery's within the 2 years they will exchange it for a replacement sony new battery which they will order.

I would suggest anyone that is going to buy a laptop form the UK to buy form them.

charliepat
Visitor

A bit late for me but if what you say is correct then it's good advcice for anyone thinking of buying a new one.

Charlie

charliepat
Visitor

Splashed out on a new battery. Low & behold the same thing happens, it would seam the problem is with the machine (at least that is still under warrenty). Once it's repaired it will have to go then back to Toshiba's.

Charlie