Join now - be part of our community!

Constant problems with Sony Vaio

profile.country.en_GB.title
GS1981
Visitor

Constant problems with Sony Vaio

I'm not a very happy first time customer.

So i get my new laptop for xmas ( SVE1512M1EW.CEK)

The first time i turn it on it comes up with Vaio Care errors (it still does it now everytime i turn on), so i uninstall 'Vaio Care' to try and solve the problem, which it didnt, it continues to error....

So i try and get Vaio Care back off the website and the download fails everytime from your servers.

Vaio update never works and fails everytime, so i try to update the vaio update program directly off this site, of course that fails everytime.

Also i notice you have no actual download page for this brand new SVE1512M1EW.CEK, only for the SVE1512M1EW which in the shop was a lower model spec wise, so i assume the downloads are the same.....not that i can get any download from your site anyway.

And no its not a internet problem, i download frequently from elsewhere no problems at all.

So eventually i aquire a new version of Vaio Care, which is not the same Vaio Care i had preinstalled, its something different called Vaio Care 'desktop', and i get the updated Vaio Update, which still refuses to update anything and fails everytime.

I noticed now i dont have the proper version of Vaio Care, i no longer have acsess to making a Windows back up disc, as no disc came with my laptop nor a recovery partition, i assume that was the only way of recovering my laptop back to factory settings(?)

So what shall i do, go get my money back at pcworld?

I'm very frustrated, nothing works.

2 REPLIES 2
GS1981
Visitor

Also i am having a problem with the windows 8 app tiles on the start screen, every now and then they stop working when i click them, this happened first when i turned UAC off in control panel, since i have turned it back on to its original state it has happened every since, it happens the most when i first turn the laptop on.

I have done so much on this laptop since buying it (installed loads of games etc) i really dont want to recover the system (again, i already did it once) nor get my money back/exchange.

GS1981
Visitor

By the way the error i'm getting is

'Windows Script host

can not find script file "C:\Windows\Temp\VAIO Care Rescue Tool.vbs". "

I got this when i first turned on my laptop from new, so i recovered pc, still the same message, so i uninstalled Vaio Care, then reinstalled a version from the website (eventually, when the servers actually worked)