Join now - be part of our community!

COMPUTER WILL FIND DEVICE, BUT SONIC STAGE WILL NOT

nwcpn
Visitor

COMPUTER WILL FIND DEVICE, BUT SONIC STAGE WILL NOT

Recently installed pocket Vaio. I can access the hard drive by using the desktop, but when I launch Sonic Stage or Music Transfer - it states "not connected"

Sometimes I get "USB device not recognised" in the taskbar, although the computer still shows "removable device"

I am using Win XP with sp2

can anyone help please?

6 REPLIES 6
A-Bomb
Visitor

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! PLEASE HELP US!

Psaila
Visitor

nwcpn
Visitor

I cured mine - it was giving me problems because I upgraded the firmware, but didn't bother to upgrade Sonic Stage and transfer....once I did this everything works....

Psaila
Visitor

I cured mine - it was giving me problems because I upgraded the firmware, but didn't bother to upgrade Sonic Stage and transfer....once I did this everything works....

Cool Nigel, And Welcome to " Club VAIO "

Thank you for adding your Fix , I'm sure others will read and try the same thing .

I'm Not A VAIO POCKET owner as yet , But it seems Xmas Brings The VAIO POCKET to so many ...... You Lucky Things . :slight_smile:

Again Welcome

aak
Visitor

My computer has xp prof. Service pack 2 has been installed at a later stage. When puting the cd to install the sonic stage the computer can not run the exe program for the installation. The cd is ok because I tried it in another computer which does not have service pack 2. Can any one help me on how to solve this problem ?:smileycry: :cry:

BinaryFart
Visitor

I had trhe same problem as you!! I managed to fix it be re-initializing the player to the new sonicstage install.

If you're in the U.S. you can simply authorize your player at the online store. The rest of the world must use the initialisation proceedure.

use the on
The fault actually has nothing to do with the player not being "recognised". It's to do with licence management. I think dodgy error message is the result of bad translation.

My full post on this fault can be found
here .

Hope this helps :).