Join now - be part of our community!

CD/DVD Drive problem VAIO VGN-A115S

pinolo77
Visitor

CD/DVD Drive problem VAIO VGN-A115S

I have a Vaio VGN-A115S and have had problems with my CD DVD drive since the beginning. I sent it for another issue to the repair center (still have warranty) also mentioning the drive problem. The CD DVD drive has been replaced but is still not working properly.

In fact.. My driver reads all sorts of CDs and DVDs properly. But as soon as I insert a blak CD it doesn't recognise it as such and I cannot burn any backup CDs or DVDs.
I have tried to install drivers from the VAIO site inserting all the proper information from my VAIO (serial number and so on), I received new drivers that I installed. Nothing happened... The driver would not work.

My CD DVD driver is the following: Matshita UJ-820D
Needless to say... I tried on the internet to find another source to obtain the drivers with no success. Moreover, Windows tells me that the device "is working properly".
I am left with no clue as to how to proceed. I would love to be able to solve this problem alone without having to send my VAIO back for some days...

Thank you for any help. Besides I have to say that I am really satisfied with my Notebook. It is an absolutely awsome device and has been working (a part from the mentioned problem) flawlessy even under some heavy usage.

0 REPLIES 0