Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Screen Error on Boot T1XP Pls Help :(

AkhilStyle
Visitor

Blue Screen Error on Boot T1XP Pls Help :(

For the last week or so, when i boot my vaio and login to windows, the laptop usually crashes and I get a blue screen error, and the laptop tries to reboot. The blue screen error says the following:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time youve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or siable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, -x8056E40B, 0xED84F5F8, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Pysical dump complete

When I try to turn the laptop on again, I can hear the sound of everything on however it does not seem to boot and the VAIO logo does not display.

I usually have to wait about 20 mins and then boot it.

Please help
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
S.E.M.
Visitor

What happens when you start in safe mode?
Did you install anything new ? Hardware? Software?
Any new startup processes?
Well, I'm not exactly an expert, but I think these are important informations. Or are you sure the bluescreen happens at once after windows startup before any other application starts? Hope you understand what I mean.
I once had two apparantly conflicting applications producing a bluescreen with their startup processes. Found this out by try-and-error.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_